|SwimTastic To Open May 18th!
Firstly a big thank you to everyone’s continued and wishes of support through this unprecedented time.
With the government announcement that we will be moving to level 2, this means that SwimTastic will be able to open and operate in a reduced capacity.
Operating at level 2 will be different to what you are used to. The first item on SwimTastic’s mind is ensuring the safety of everyone who attends the facility. This includes you as our valued Clients and our lovely Staff. Below you will find the safety measures implemented at SwimTastic, to ensure we comply with Ministry of Health Guidelines and can keep both our Clients and Staff safe.
At SwimTastic, we have the details for all children booked in classes and will be using our class rolls to keep an accurate record of pupils who are in the facility at any given time.
We will also be using contact tracing to check in Parents and Caregivers who attend the facility. This will involve Parents or Caregivers scanning a QR code or going to the web address that you will find around the facility and entering the required details to ensure we have an accurate record and are meeting Ministry of Health Guidelines. Alternatively, we will have a manual sign in available at the desk.
The contact tracing will be done through Tracing.co.nz (Media Suite Ltd) which is a New Zealand based company located in Christchurch. Please find their privacy notice here.
COVID 19 Alert Level 2 Protocols.
To minimise the risk of transmission we are adopting the following control measures:
- Swimmers who are unwell should not come for lessons. Unwell swimmers will be asked to hop out of the pool. Please use our make-up system.
- One family member/ caregiver to bring swimmers for their lessons, preferably the same caregiver. Please, no visitors.
- Leave siblings at home with another caregiver, if possible. If not, we ask kindly you either go for a walk around the surrounding fields or alternatively stay in your car for the duration of the lesson.
- Where possible swimmers are to arrive and leave in togs. (Keeping them on under your clothes or wrapped in a towel is our advice). We kindly ask you to refrain from using our change rooms apart from the need to use the toilet
- Please use hand sanitiser or wash hands with soap for 20 seconds when entering the building. We have hand sanitiser units available on wall mounts around reception and coffee area and prior to going into the sheds.
- Our TV/Party room will remain closed and out of bounds during level 2.
- The baby change tables are open for babies, please place your baby on a towel or a portable baby change mat.
- All high touch surfaces and pool equipment will be cleaned/sanitised regularly.
- All Stock (including coffee, drinks, togs, caps and goggles etc) are for sale as usual.
- No ‘loan’ items; please bring your own togs, towel, caps and goggles.
- We will ensure that no more than 100 people will be in the facility at any one time. This includes staff and clients.
- These measures and other information will be displayed on the main notice board
We know that these changes will take time getting used to, but we ask for compliance on all of the matters discussed above to ensure we can operate SwimTastic safely.
More information about bookings opening and classes will follow shortly in the coming days.
As we are still at Level 3, our office is closed and we are unable to respond to calls and/or emails.
Stay Safe and see you soon.
The SwimTastic Team 🏊♂️💪🏊♀️